This fountain, situated in Largo Mártires da República, is entirely of marble and stands above four steps around a round basin. In the centre is a column in the shape of a cone on which are mounted three taps in the shape of fishes. On top is a sculpture of little boy piercing a further fish with a trident.
Fixed to the column is a weathered metal with the following inscription:
"This fountain was constructed with a government grant obtained by the member of parliament Dr. José Frederico Laranjo, native of this town." On the opposite side of the column is the inscription ?this monument dates from 1889?.